Wednesday 11 January 2012

Gauntlet

So I made this gauntlet, I used brass sheet, leather gloves and pop rivets, all from ebay


First I made a prototype out of cereal box card.



Brass sheet, I used 4 of these and drew around the cardboard pieces, terrible flash picture.
This is a later piece for the larger parts.


Then cut them out with some metal shears and bent them into shape.


Leather glove. Adding pieces to it and riveting the through the glove. I used my mini vice to close the rivets.









Then I stopped taking regular pictures for some silly reason, but this is the finished piece.


Found some hinges in a a DIY shop, riveted.


Strap used to be on some lady boots.
Bootstraps, bootstraps.


I especially like the thumb.



And I am starting on a right hand one too.






2 comments:

  1. I've never seen a more badass creation. In all seriousness, well done! Looks excellent!

    ReplyDelete